I’ve been trying to get better at flash and action script so I have took on a self inclined project to make preloaders using the logos of every NBA team. I have already made a basic Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat preloaders but I intend on making more advanced ones further down the road.
To create the Heat Preloader I started by creating a new AS3 file in flash and importing a picture of the Miami Heat Logo to the stage. I then began tracing it out using Flash’s pen tool.
Something I really need to work on is my masking. For some reason I have a lot of trouble understanding how masking works in flash. I bring this up because in order to get the colour/fill of the logo to look right I made a separate white layer for the background; next I copied the outline of the heat logo and pasted it in place on the background layer. Next I clicked inside the outline and deleted it and the white inside so when I put the fill on another layer, it would only show as if inside the logo.
Next I planned out the progress my preloader both in black and white and in colour.
Next I hopped into action script in order to make everything come together.
Something I noticed after last night was that I made a mistake, a big mistake. Good thing this wasn’t for a client or a project. I actually made the logo wrong haha, so I jumped back into flash this morning and fixed my flash file.
I’m not going to post another gif showing it because I’d need to fix a separate file but here is a screenshot of the preloader in action.
I’ve been trying to polish up my flash/actionscript skills by working on some basic preloaders; here’s the first one I made. I needed to create a separate project to show how it works; the actual preloader has percent bar on it.